athlete & # 39; s foot in one of the most common fungal infections that afflict the human body. As tinea pedis, this fungus is found in many public places such as gym floors, locker rooms, swimming pool, manicures, and airport security lines. In fact, all public floor, which is for individuals barefoot in a prime source of fungal infection. If an individual & # 39; s body has been infected, personal clothing and socks carry the fungus tinea pedis. Studies have shown that nearly 70% of the population will experience sports & # 39; s feet at some point in their lives.
Once acquired athletes & # 39; s feet can become a chronic condition, especially the nurses. The foot fungus grows in warm, moist environments foot care shoe accessories. All nurses will prove that the extreme amount of time spent walking during nursing shift will lead to "hot legs". It warms nursing shoes and little water disposal outlet. Nurses who wear socks instead of stockings experience more generation of heat and humidity shoes such as socks of synthetic material does not wick moisture, resulting in a prolonged set off a leg.
The replacement of the traditional nursing uniform scrubs clothing has led to a more comfortable uniform to reduce the sisters who wear pantyhose. Socks have become a staple accessory nursing uniform. However socks made of synthetic material is the same problem as the stockings used before. To the maximum absorption of the foot moisture, socks should be designed, 100% cotton, specially designed or moisture wicking material.
Since we have generated a large amount of moisture in the typical nursing shift, nurses provide nursing shoes that "breathe" for at least 24 hours to completely dry before they are again. The disinfectant spray to the inside of shoes after each use even advisable represented among bacteria. After two pairs of shoes and alternate care use is a good way to let nursing shoes completely dry.
nurses, for whom it is impossible to alleviate the heat and humidity ages nursing shoes, it is important that steps to verify and / or prevention of sports & # 39; s leg exercise. These steps are as follows:
• Wash your feet every day
• Dry feet thoroughly, especially between the toes, with a clean towel
• Always clean towel and never share towels
• the anti-fungal spray for feet and shoes
• spray shoes disinfectant and allow to dry before re
• Go barefoot at home as much as possible
• Avoid wearing synthetic or tight shoes that do not allow that feet to breathe
• sandals on the feet to protect against contamination of public areas such as gyms, swimming pools and public showers
• Wear socks 100% cotton or moisture-wicking fabric
• Wear clothes, especially scrub that is made of 100% cotton or cotton blend that moisture is not tight causing trapped in the groin and waist does
• Change your socks if you get wet, or at least once a day
• Keep your home and clean bathroom surfaces, in particular showers and vats
it is important to monitor athletes & # 39; s feet, because this fungus can spread to other parts of the body, including the hands, mouth, scalp, vagina and groin If athletes & # 39; s feet dry in all other areas of the body after shower before drying your feet, not to allow the fungus to other sensitive areas of the body. It is possible to treat athletes & # 39; and borne by yourself at home using non-prescription medications such as Lamisil, Tinactin or Micatin. Other home remedies such as foot soaks vinegar or Clorox solutions are proven to be effective in some cases. Along with the tips outlined above, it is possible to control the chronic foot fungal infections and minimize discomfort.